The most critical feedback we heard from our community in 2020 was a lack of networking and virtual connections. I felt the loss of these in-person interactions as a community manager when we started working from home. Still, I didn’t have the time in 2020 to build something worthwhile from the ground up, especially for a mostly introverted community.
We decided to do a team building event with TeamBuilding.com for our community in the fall of 2020. The purpose was to add programming that builds virtual connections, but is an of the box solution. I wanted to sign the contract, pay the invoice, and let the experts take over. I chose a virtual murder mystery. Seventy-six people attended, and the group rated it 4.89 stars out of 5.
I have been engaging with teambuilding.com for three months now, and I highly recommend them. Here is my unsponsored review:
- An out-of-the-box solution.
- A mix of engaging sessions – our group loved the storytelling session.
- Not too expensive. It breaks down to $22-$25 a person.
- Hosts are engaging and welcoming.
- Puzzles are hard enough to keep participants’ interest for 90-minutes but not so hard that folks want to quit.
- Billing is easy.
- Quick turnaround for email communication.
- They use Zoom but are willing to use your company’s approved video conferencing platform.
- It’s so structured that awkward silences are a thing of the past.
- My sales contact is incredible, but I hear some others are overly pushy via email.
- Trivia night was a bit underwhelming. They host trivia on Kahoot. I build Kahoot’s for my job and pay for a license, so I am biased.
- The events with kits like tiny campfire and coffee vs. tea seem a bit wasteful.
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
If you have a little bit of budget to play with and are looking for a fun event for your community, I highly recommend TeamBuilding.com. It’s an exciting way to build virtual connections that isn’t awkward at all. Plus, as the organizer, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the event while the pros take over.